Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Favorite Famous Moustaches


Happy Movember Thursday my dears! How are the beards coming along? Very good. Well, we’ve reached the halfway point! George wants to raise $5000 in the fight against prostate and testicular cancer by the end of the month. It’s outrageous--outrageously AWESOME. Have you considered pitching in? Even a dollar makes a difference! Check out his tumblr for more info and of course, his fundraising page.

This week’s mo’spiration comes in the form of my top five famous moustaches. Check it out:


Tom Selleck



Come on, you saw this one coming. What a dashing fellow.

Salvador Dali


This guy was the very definition of quirky, so it’s no surprise that his signature moustache was a little bit out of this world.



Charlie Chaplin


This funny man's facial style is recognizable the world over. Underneath the makeup and madcap attire was a rather dashing young man. I mean, turn down the smolder, man. He actually was quite an interesting figure, did you know he was exiled from the US in the early 50s? He lived out the rest of his days in Vevey, Switzerland and is buried there. I wish I'd known that when I lived there, I totally would have gone to see his grave! I just might have to read the man's biography...


Albert Einstein


Einstein, the relatable genius. He probably told the best stories...


Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman)


Yes I know, Ron Swanson is a fictional character. But who doesn't love him? He's like the modern mountain man: a no-nonsense free-thinker who just really wants to eat his bacon in peace. Check out his Pyramid of Greatness. I mean, Ron Swanson for president, amiright?

Did I leave out your favorite famous face? Let me know in the comments below!


In case you missed it: all my previous Movember posts can be found by clicking here.
Plus, a funny snippet from an old book, for wives who aren't a fan of facial hair on their husbands.

Sorry, no “beard” update photo this week…I’m posting early because I’m very busy today!

Check back next week for a Movember-inspired cake!

----------------

Image Sources:
(1) Tom Selleck
(2) Salvador Dali
(3) Charlie Chaplin
(4) Albert Einstein
(5) Ron Swanson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative