Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Weekend


Is it Friday again? Quelle joie!  Whew, what a week. Awesome visit from one of my East Coast pals on his way through the state last Saturday. Random drop-in visits are the absolute best and they rarely happen when you live in the middle of nowhere. 

After that, I got a lovely handwritten letter in the mail (thanks Hannah!), considered and rejected the idea of getting bangs (again), and ate way too much leftover Halloween candy that was unmercifully perched right beside my desk at work. I feel like I'm missing something....ah yes, the election! ;) Though it was one of my majors in college, I make it a point never to discuss politics in social media, because I find it tiresome and fruitless to argue on the Internet. So, regardless of my (and your) feelings about the outcome, I found this to be a striking photo from the events of the night. The colors and composition; it's a great shot.

This weekend promises to be the last gasp of warmth for probably many months so I plan to skip around outside while I still can. Of course that's in between playing catch-up on sleep, photographs, and every other thing in my life that gets put aside because of work.

In the meantime, here are some of my favorite links from the past week:

+ One of my favorite bloggers, Danni from oh, hello friend, got to visit Highclere Castle where they film Downton Abbey! She shares her lovely pictures from her trip here.

+ Ombre tights. These are the coolest ever but I would definitely accidentally rip these the very first time I wear them so there is no way I'm paying $40 a pair. Fortunately, there's an awesome DIY post over at Brit + Co. Add it to my long list of projects I would like to do this fall/winter.

How to escape from zip ties.  An extremely useful article/video series to have knowledge of should you ever find yourself kidnapped by ruffians, captured by rogue agents, or just in an awkward situation in which you confused zip ties with twist ties. I may or may not read too may spy novels. Hey, safety first, people.

+ Best Ever Garlic Bread. I know I just posted a bread recipe in last week's Friday roundup but you guys. Garlic. Bread. I die. I don't know if I've ever met a person who doesn't enjoy it. Also, this particular recipe doesn't call for you to actually make the bread, you're just jazzing up a pre-made loaf. So you really have no excuse not to go make this right now.

+Violin Super Mario. Yes I went there. You love it too, don't lie.

+ a Fleet Foxes cover of an Elvis classic:
Can't Help Falling In Love by Fleet Foxes Sing on Grooveshark

Have a good one my dears. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative