Thursday, January 24, 2013

San Antonio, Part 2

On Saturday night my sister invited all of her San Antonio friends for a night of crafts and food.  She called it Pinterest Night, and everybody who came was supposed to bring a plate of appetizers and a project from Pinterest they wanted to work on.  The crafts included painting, print-making, clothing alteration, and even crayon melting.  It was noisy and messy and just a really good time. It makes me happy to see that my sister has such a great group of friends.

Here are a few photos from the evening.  If you make it all the way there, at the end of the post, I explain the project I chose.

+ Crafts
+ Food

+Friends
+ Finished products

The craft I chose was inspired by this crazy awesome sequin cardigan DIY.

Instead of using a cardigan, I used a thin dolman-style sweatshirt that I picked up at H&M recently.

All it takes is a spool or two of sequin strips, a bottle of Liqui-Stitch or some other fabric glue, and a steady hand.  



Boom, bedazzled

If I did it over again, I would place the sequin strips closer together and make sure they are all facing the same direction before gluing. But in general, I'm pleased with the result. 
Sassy.

Thanks for the fun night, Eva!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative