Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy Weekend


Hooraaaay Friday! It came rather quickly this week...I'm glad! One of the high points of the week: my boss presented me with a framed certificate of excellence for conquering the electric typewriter. It’s a running joke in the office that as the youngest one there, I am not equipped to handle such “complicated pieces of machinery”, like the typewriter we use for cutting checks. Well last week I finally used it all by myself without calling for help (or ruining anything) and so they gave me an actual award.  We had a good laugh but afterwards I sent all the merry pranksters an email to let them know I will be keeping this joke in mind the next time one of them comes to me with an internet/computer/smart phone problem. We’ll see who’s laughing then…

Anyway, I am so looking forward to tonight, my pal Amanda is coming to spend the weekend with me before she heads off to Italy for a semester. I know, how posh of her. I rarely get to see her, as she is normally in Pennsylvania for school so this is a treat. Yay visitors!

Well, the day’s not over yet, so until then, here are some things I’ve enjoyed from around the web this week:


+ Amazing colorized photos of famous people in history. It looks so real, this guy is a Photoshop genius.

+ Awesome cheap gift idea: jazz up plain white dinnerware with Sharpie markers and an oven. The possibilities are endless! (via The Sweetest Occasion)

+ I love the artwork of Jen Ramos. Very bright and fun!

+ YOU GUYS. I can't stop thinking about chocolate brioche. Can one of my old pals at the Blue Moon please arrange for a delivery? Thanks.

+ An incredibly inspiring quote (via Hip Hip Gin Gin)

+ "Little River" by The Tallest Man on Earth
Little River by The Tallest Man on Earth on Grooveshark

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative