Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Weekend


Happy Friday my dears! 


Sorry, not much happened on the old blog this week.  Every night when I got home, the siren call of my comfortable bed was too strong to resist.  

But anyway. I’m really excited about this weekend. I’m going down to Indianapolis for a completely stereotypical and cliché girls weekend with friends. I mean, we probably won’t braid each other’s hair and talk about boys, but we will definitely drink lots of tea and go shopping and maybe even knit a sweater or two. Ok probably not the knitting. But I will let you know.

To make up for my lack of attention to you, here are some links I enjoyed this week:

+ I’m trying to think of a clever Halloween costume for the get together I’ll be attending next weekend. The best thing I've seen so far is this cloud costume. But making a me-sized version would take way more time and material than I’m willing to put into it. Plus I would probably end up looking like an elephant-sized dust bunny and not fluffy & adorable like the girl in the picture.

+ One of my new favorite websites is The Jealous Curator. If you like the weird and wonderful world of art and design, you should check it out. I discovered the art in last week’s WW post on embroidered photographs on The Jealous Curator.  To get you started, take a look at this post on the awesome photographic installations of Rune Guneriussen

+ A recipe for three-layer peanut butter pie. Um hashtag, not for dieting. (via You Are My Fav)

+ I'm a huge fan of the paint job in this room. Half color walls, even over the trim and the door? It's madness and I love it! 

+ All you Instagram-ers out there, I know you love the shots you take (otherwise, you wouldn't be filling up my Facebook and Twitter feeds, right?). Did you know there are some fun things you can do to display your favorite filtered images outside of the internet? Make magnets, or photo strips, or my personal favorite, mini canvases.

+ And as always, a song for you:  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative