Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday Treats

This morning I went to the park with my mom, my brother, and a friend and biked 15.6 miles. Ok, so they biked 15.6 miles. I did about 11 and spent the last four of those miles making friends with a saxophone player named Famious. Story for another time.

Anyway, then I came home and promptly undid all of that good work by making these (excuse my poor food photography):

Most luscious, decadent cupcakes I've ever made. Seriously. In between the dark chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream frosting is a layer of cheesecake.  Yes, cheesecake. Because the only thing better than either of those things is the two of them put together. In adorable black and white paper liners from Michaels.

I know, you're fanning yourself right now.

Here's the recipe. This is not for the faint of heart. The frosting alone calls for 18 tablespoons of butter.

Now you're fanning yourself with both hands. But it's ok, because I'll just bike another 11 miles tomorrow.

Maybe. 
Whatever, we only live once. :)

3 comments:

  1. If your questioning if they came out alright you welcome to remake next Monday. The bread was fabulous btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look yummy...
    the recipe a bit less... a box of cake mix??? Ellie!!! :)
    bisous
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend?!? Is that all I am? haha... well the cupcakes were the most delicious ones I've ever tasted so that makes everything ok!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative