Monday, July 15, 2013

Dream Summer Vacations

Each week I get a list of blog prompts in my inbox from the fabulous Mama Kat. The following post is inspired by one of her prompts.


Since joining the working world, I have discovered the saddest part of the Monday through Friday, 8-5 grind.

There is no summer break.

For the second year in a row (I know, poor you, says every working stiff who's been in the game for 15+ years), I am watching this beautiful season literally roll right on by me on a candy-striped bike eating an ice cream cone. It is incredibly depressing.

Part of my gloom stems from the fact that despite putting my time in, I'm still too low on the totem pole to rate more than a few days of vacation.  These precious gems are incredibly rare and must be meted out over the course of an entire year. Even more unfortunate in the case of my particular job, it is entirely possible that they can be eaten up as sick days.

Seriously, someone make me the CEO of something already because I'm SICK. OF. IT.

Anyway, as I wither away under the pale glow of florescent lighting, I'm planning fabulous imaginary vacations that I would take if I had the summer to myself. Since they are imaginary, all of the below vacations can be paid for in smiles and baked goods. Obviously.

------------

+ Thailand

I've never been to an Asian country and I think I'd like to dip my toe in the water with a trip to Thailand. I already love the food so I'm fairly certain I'd love the country. A two-week tour of Bangkok and the surrounding countryside? I'm totally down.


+ Iceland

This country has been on my list for over a year now after seeing photos on The House That Lars Built.  I would love to rent a car and just drive around, taking pictures of all the gorgeous countryside, exploring waterfalls and lagoons as well as spending some time in Reykjavik. It looks like such a lush and vibrant country.


+ Musha Cay in the Bahamas

I have never been on a cruise or to any tropical location. I've relaxed by rivers, mountains, lakes, and the seaside but never anywhere below northern Florida. This particular group of islands is privately owned by the famous magician David Copperfield. You essentially have to rent all of Musha Cay to vacation there; it's incredibly exclusive. But man how awesome would it be to chill on the beach by these crystal clear waters with your family or friends and not have to worry about anyone else ruining your vacation? As someone who loves the ocean and not strangers, this is pretty much ideal.


Obviously there are about twenty other places around the world that I'd love to visit on a summer trip but before I cry myself to sleep with travel envy, I think that's enough for now.

What about you, if you had unlimited money and time where would you go this summer?
---
Mama’s Losin’ It


Image Sources: (airplane) / (wanderlust) / (Thailand) / (Iceland) / (Musha Cay)

2 comments:

  1. Everyone would be so much happier if we followed the European model of vacation days and got like, six paid weeks of leave a year or something. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR FOREVER. I so agree.

      Delete

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative