Friday, March 19, 2010

A really boring post about what I did yesterday and today.

Good evening from a pleasant and sunny North Carolina.

I missed Things I Love Thursday this week. My apologies, but I was traveling all day.  Flights went well, only a minor altercation over the arm rest on the first flight. Had an interesting layover in Memphis. Boarding was delayed an hour because something was wrong with the brakes. We in the terminal were glad to wait while they made sure we did not have a Toyota situation on our hands. I made good use of the extra time on the ground. Stretched my legs, got some lunch, and even squeezed in an animated political discussion with two elderly folks and a southern business man.  I love having conversations in airports.

I arrived safe and sound to the Charlotte airport, where I was greeted by some smiling faces. Since my flight was late, we had to hurry and eat dinner because there was a gospel meeting.  I did not know there was meeting and was rather under dressed for it but I managed to make myself somewhat presentable in the Qdoba bathroom. It was the first and last time I will ever wear sneakers to gospel meeting...

Today was beautiful! What awesome weather they have. This morning I went with Christina to see her ultrasound. While it was really cool to actually see the baby, to be honest, I had no idea what I was looking at for most of the time.  It appeared to be an amorphous bowl of fruit because I could have sworn at one point a pear floated by.  Possibly followed by a cantaloupe.  Fortunately, Christina and the ultrasound tech didn't seem to be alarmed so I figured all the right human parts were there. Also, the pictures that were printed out had labels on them which helped my comprehension immensely.

I was going to tell you about the most excellent burger I had at lunch but then I realized how boring this post is getting so I should probably end here while you still have the strength to leave a comment. It appears that vacation has dulled my sharp wit and penetrating insight. How monotonous.

Don't get whiny, at least I updated.  Now I'm going to go take a nap for absolutely no reason at all, except that I can.

Jokes. but seriously. Three cheers for vacation. We'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming next week.

1 comment:

  1. never say never... you know- you just THINK you'll never again be in tennies in that sort of situation... BUT, well, all sorts of things can happen.

    And, whoops- you're the one who doesn't like all those ... ... ... scattered around... oops... soo sorry...
    ;)
    Enjoy Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative