Friday, October 14, 2011

Roses on a Friday

Days like today,
where the rain drips into every corner of my jacket 
and mind,
these are the days that I seek happiness in the form of flowers.


But let's be honest. I don't limit my bloom obsession to rainy days.
I like them on sunny days,
windy days,
days where I eat a ham sandwich,
Tuesdays,
Fridays,
pretty much any day I get out of bed,
but even more on the days that I don't.



Farmer's market flower stalls, wildflowers growing by the side of the road, even the refrigerator case at the grocery store....all sources of temptation. 

Someday when I have my own place, I'm going to be that person who even has a bowl of flowers in the bathroom. 
Yeah, just like your Grams.


Anyway, today presented itself with a 100% legitimate excuse (aside from the rain) for spending my money on an armful of plants: the 34th wedding anniversary of my dear aunt and uncle, who are so graciously letting me live under their roof here in Massachusetts.
Now I don't normally indulge, but for you two crazy kids in love, I opened up my pockets with wild abandon and bought roses.



Dusty pinks, warm vanilla, and a pop of tangerine petals....nothing quite so satisfying as taking a pile of unassuming buds and creating that perfectly arranged centerpiece. Throw in a few sprigs of baby's breath and we have ourselves a work of art that smells as good as it looks.



Happy Anniversary, Aunt and Uncle. 
And Happy "just because it's Friday" to the rest of you. 
Now go buy me yourself some flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Just made your last picture my desktop background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    I hope you got some, too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative