Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

This Thursday finds me exceptionally cranky because I am dividing my time between studying for my two hardest and most boring finals and working in the office. Clearly, the two are not meant to mix because as soon as I open my notebook, the phone rings or someone walks up to the desk.
Case in point:
As I was finishing that sentence, someone approached and asked me if they could "buy some quarters".
...Insert incredulous stare.

Well. Hopefully the end of the list will find me more cheerful than the beginning.

What I Love Today:

(1) Roman Holiday
Nothing quite tugs at my heartstrings like Audrey Hepburn sleepily informing the dashing Gregory Peck,
"What the world needs is a return to sweetness and decency in the souls of its young men."
Or the look that passes between them at the very end when they are standing right in front of each other for the very last time. Swoon.

(2) Turning in the last ever paper of my undergraduate education.
biiiiiig sigh of relief.

(3) Unexpected motivation
Yesterday at the gym, I used a particular elliptical machine that I had never used before and midway through my workout, I paused to take a drink of water.  I hadn't been stopped for long when I looked down and the digital readout was flashing the following message: "PEDAL FASTER".   It was so unexpected, I laughed for a really long time.  The audacity! Since when is exercise equipment allowed to be Judge-y McJudgerson?  But it worked; I pedaled faster.  I can't imagine what the girl next to me was thinking however, with me laughing and pointing at my machine for no apparent reason...

(4)  Chema Madoz Photography
I'll let the photos speak for themselves.




(5) Amy Atlas Events
 If I were wealthy, lived in New York, and had an event that needed planning, I would call up this lady. Stop what you're doing and click on the link. These are the prettiest, most creative dessert tables you will ever see.  It is a feast for the eyes.

(6) Conference calls with the family
Five people, five phone lines. What is this, a business meeting? You laugh, but getting to talk to all of my family at the same time is not something I have been able to do for a long time.  I miss talking around the dinner table every night.  I'm excited to move home for the summer.  That said....This is Carolus Unit 3 signing out.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely worth staying up 'til midnight for! Gotta love conference calls .... it was soooo nice to hear your voices all chiming in together. I miss our dinner table chatter, too. Love ya!
    p.s. I wish our treadmill said "run, woman!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha as per usual, i am amazed by your TILT postings. you promise to do these your whole life? you are the reason why i love thursdays and look forward to them every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1- Why on earth are you still taking finals? Are they not over yet?
    2- I'm going to try drying plates like that next time I see a heat register like that! heh heh

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative