Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Weekend

Future Ballerinas, American School of Ballet, 1937, by Alfred Eisenstaedt

Happy weekend again!  It's my favorite flavor of early summer outside today. My sister is bringing me lunch at work, the sweetheart. It's a rare treat indeed!  My brother-in-law flies in tonight so we are having a small gathering tomorrow to celebrate summer and being together. I hope the weather holds out for a day of swimming, sunshine, and barbecue.  There have been a few troubling things in the atmosphere lately but it has only served to make me appreciate the good days even more.  It's a reminder to be grateful for what you have (and what you don't) and to never let an opportunity to be loving and kind pass you by.

Anyway, here are some things from around the web that I've appreciated this week:

+ "The truth is, most of us discover where we are headed when we arrive." - Some very wise words on creativity and life purpose from the creator of Calvin & Hobbes (only the best comic strip of all time, mind you)

+ Welcome/survival kit for a house guest. Would be ideal if you live in a big city or for out of state visitors.

+ At the Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco, the Blue Bottle Coffee Cafe serves desserts made to look like famous pieces of modern art, like Mondrian Cake. This awesome video shows how it's made.

+ Spicy Roasted Vegetable Macaroni & Cheese. Love a good one dish meal. Even though I'm supposed to be avoiding dairy, I can't resist this yummy looking recipe.

+ I could stare at this gif all day. I find it oddly soothing. (via tumblr)

+ "Carried Away" by Passion Pit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEwJTOderQ)


I love and appreciate you, my friends and readers. Have a beautiful weekend. :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative