Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Won't You Be Mine? Yes, thank you, I will

Happy Valentine's Day, lovers.

I love today and I don't care who knows.

For me, it's not about celebrating love with another person.
In fact, we're working with over two decades of Valentine's Day spent tout seule.
It's about celebrating me and how much I love myself.

So here's how Ellie celebrated V-Day 2012:

I began the day by letting myself sleep in. Then I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast with the sun and the comics page of the newspaper. Afterwards, I put on some snazzy threads and took myself off to the dentist for a cleaning.
It was a treat. No really, I love going to the dentist. It's nice to be reminded every 6 months how beautiful my teeth are.

Seriously, I kind of have a big head about it.

The rest of the day was filled with doing only pleasant things, like hanging out with my brothers and going to the library and wandering around the craft store picking out new frosting tips. Also editing photos from last weekend's engagement session with dear friends and preparing the dough for a little baking project I'm doing this week.

Tomorrow is the day for organizing, cleaning, and other boring responsible things, like taxes.

But Valentine's Day is for me.
And for red and pink everything.
And sweet crafts from my little brother.
And for eating a bit of chocolate my dad got my mom (she shared, guys, I didn't steal)
And for getting myself flowers.
Which, for the record, is not sad because I have awesome tastes in floral arrangements. Also, I buy myself flowers like once a week.

I don't just love me, though. I love you too. So treat yourself to whatever makes you happy. Go to Starbucks and get a Venti whatever. Tell 'em Ellie sent you.
That won't get you a discount or anything. It just felt right to say. 


Also, smile a lot. It looks really nice on you.

Really, it all comes down to what my witty & charming friend Julie said this morning:


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative