Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Day in the Life: June 2014

Hello again! Here is installment six of the Day in the Life series, a monthly linkup hosted by Manda at Musical Poem.



A Day in the Life: A Linkup by Break the Sky

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Oh June.  I found myself in yet another transition period.  For reasons I'll not share on the Internet, I parted ways with the company mentioned in my last post.  Though it was not a good situation, I was naturally quite down about having to start all over again. AGAIN. Good things happened in June, but I was in a funk for most of this month. I'm telling you all this because this post is probably the most boring Day in the Life yet. Just so you have some context.

// 8:30 am

Good morning, glasses. Good morning, ugly ripped window shade that is always stuck in the down position.


// 9:00 am

We had company over and so breakfast was a delicious treat. Dutch Baby Pancake with maple syrup and strawberries. Not the healthiest way to start a Wednesday but soooo. gooood.



// 9:30 am

Lego building time with my new friend Jackson before he had to head back home.  Thanks for stopping by! 

// 12:30 pm

I don't remember what I had for lunch, but I followed it up with a piece of s'mores pie leftover from the previous night's dinner party. It was tasty to the max and I regret none of it.




// 2:00 pm

Long afternoon of resume-tweaking and job-searching.  I pulled the shade aside from time to time to gaze outside but it did nothing but pour.  Good. Let the weather match my mood then.
*insert Grumpy Cat face*



// 6:00 pm

Headed to a gospel meeting. No selfies today because I'm grouchy and you don't need to see that.  I wore extra bright shoes to compensate for the lack of expression on my face.


Digging my bro's blue on blue outfit choice.


// 8:40 pm

I had a laugh in the bathroom at the hand dryer.  Apparently this particular one doubles as a hair dryer.  Not a bad idea, considering the weather, but this was in a small town library. It struck me as an odd place for one.

// 10:00 pm

Home and bed. I'm afraid I went to bed in much the same self-pity party I woke up in. I know it's incredibly selfish and unfair to feel that way, considering how privileged I am. It was just one of those days where I was feeling motion sick from my hamster wheel. I ran too fast, got ahead of myself, and the when the motion of the wheel caught up to me, I was thrown for a loop.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative