Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lately

reading...
I just finished Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran. If you're at all interested in classical history this is a fascinating (if fictional) portrayal of some key players during a tumultuous time in the history of Egypt and Rome. I promise the book is much more thrilling than how I just described it.

listening...
It's been so lovely outside lately that it makes me want to smile and dance. So I put together a little springtime playlist on 8tracks.



making...
a baby blanket. I don't know if you've noticed, but SO many people be having babies lately! Anyway I figure, what better way to use my newly-found knitting skills?


loving...
PaperSource. For all your stationary/paper/gift-giving needs. High-quality & eco-friendly. It's official, I've turned into a raging craft monster. Seriously, I can't stop making stuff. I either need to open an Etsy store or a job. Preferably a job.
Anyway, I'm almost finished making invitations for a bridal shower with PaperSource products but more on those later.


trying...
new recipes.
You guys, Jillian is a culinary wizard. I have become quite spoiled by her cooking. Unfortunately for her, the inducement for me to relieve her of this nightly task is very low. I can bake cakes and cookies like it ain't no thang but making real meals is a problem. I have managed a handful of times to overcome my qualms about my lack of skills to put a meal on the table, however. I have been craving fish lately (weird, who does that?) and since she's not a huge fan I figured I'd better make it myself if I really wanted it. So last night we had pan fried tilapia and it was quite delicious  . I used this recipe and I highly recommend it. Easy and quick and it was the least fish-tasting fish I've ever made.
Also I made these yesterday. Just in case the fish turned out awful and I needed in some way to reassure myself (and Jillian) that I can still make magic in the kitchen.


Turns out I still can. They are amazing. But unlike the fish, not doctor recommended. 

watching...

It's a dog that looks like a cotton ball when it's sleeping. It's so cute, I can't stand it. I only watch it like six times a day. 

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you're thinking! Thanks for the comment love. :)

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative